Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Chia Seed Cereal

Apple Cinnamon Chia Seed Cereal 
Being a stay at home Mother is one of my passions. I am a Mother of 5 boys....yes all mine. Two of my older son's have moved out but are still over all the time. One of my other passions is to share with others the joy in all that I do. Health and wellness are important to me. I like things that are quick, easy and nutritious. This recipe is all three. There are so many variations for this recipe that I will share with you in the future....stay tuned.

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups spring water or filtered water
  • 1/2 cashew nuts
  • 5 brazil nuts
  • 2 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 2 tbsp lecithin 
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • pinch of sea salt
  • sweeten with stevia, honey or maple syrup
Preparation:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
  2. Blend until it thickens up.
  3. Top with coconut, chopped nuts, sliced apples, sprinkle a little cinnamon and don't forget goji berries.
This mixture gets pretty thick. My Vitamix handles anything but I'm not sure about using a regular blender...let me know if you do and if it works. You could also use 2 1/2 cups of nut milk and skip the cashew nuts, brazil nuts, and hemp seeds. I do it this way because it's easy for me and I must say it's a nice combination. 

 Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3 and 6 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s enhances immunity and promotes communication between brain cells. That means your kids will get smarter and also good for us working Mothers. They are also high in fibre, antioxidants, which means we are going to be looking and feeling younger everyday, calcium, protein, magnesium and much much more. Oh they also help regulate blood sugar levels, thus curbing the desire to overeat! 

Side Note: I drink chia seed with Chlorophyll everyday....love the stuff. My husband Jon and the kids enjoy it too.....add some lemon or any other flavouring with a little sweeter and you shouldn't have a problem getting your little ones to drink it....they're so much fun. 

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment